Thursday 16 October 2014

Thank you for a question

Hello Florence, I am an IB student. I wanted to know how you feel at school when you interact with new people. Do people usually accept your condition or do they think otherwise?

This was the question from an IB student.
This is my answer....

When I look at a person I have to look to the side of their face to see them . Some people take this the wrong way and think I am looking behind them, or even worse not listening to them!

Only today a new student who does not know about my eyes asked me why I was looking really closely at the paper they said " it looks like you want to go through the paper " . This upset me because I felt they were making fun of me.

In year 7 I really liked my class but when it was PE their were two students who always shouted at me when I did not catch the ball.

When I finally had the courage to tell a new student about my eyes they felt sorry for me , I don't like this because there is nothing they can do and I don't want sympathy. This is my normal life !

Thank you so much for the question , I hope I get more questions in the next few weeks .


   

No comments: