Friday 29 March 2013

Welcome

Hi,

I am Florence and I live in Rome .

When I was 8 I woke up one morning with a blob in front of both my eyes. Since then  my life has changed.

I thought it would just be temporary until I told my Dad, we went immediatly to the eye doctor.

He was ready to operate on me because he thought my retina had detached !

They put a tap in my arm and flushed lots of colours into me to see what was wrong. I went in abig coffin and had to stay still until they said . They put head phones on me and I was squished, Mummy held my foot all the while ! ( Mummy says this is called an MRI scan)

Then we stayed in hospital for what seemed like a week

 I had lots of horrible tests on my eyes , which included electrobes on my head and watching spots!

Nobody knows why this happened

watch this space and see how i live with it!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea to write a blog Florence!, hope you are all ok love Lily-Rose xxx :)

Unknown said...

Hi Florence: Seem to me that you are doing the right thing. and that your Teachers and \friends are very understanding. Who knows what's around the corner with new developments in Science. Stay Positive. Love Granddad and Grandma Bess xx

Anonymous said...

What a moving story Flo, your a real brave person if you still manage to keep up your studies and play your wonderful violin!!! :))))
Good you've got a blog now I can comment on your posts and I can have a bigger idea on how to help you!!! ;)))) :D
Lalla :P

Anonymous said...

What a great idea that you thought of the blog. It is amazing that you are doing very well (after what you have been going through).
I can't believe how brave you are.

Nef B-)

Anonymous said...

get well soon

Anonymous said...

Hey Flo,
I think in the night you might have walked in the sleep and looked at the sun all night and then went back to bed to sleep.
Hurhurhur.
Anyway get well soon, and don't forget mee c;
-Sophia, don't forget me ^w^