Monday 1 April 2013

Answers to Miss Russo's Questions

Are there any  times when you really struggle now? 

Yes,  when I am in class and the teacher knows about my eyes, and may have  written  really small then  I struggle a lot to read it.

You can notice when I struggle because I start crying just little tears rolling down my cheek, because I'm straining my eyes. when me and my friends are looking far away I sometimes  feel embarrassed to ask where it is? so I fake that I see it but I don't...

Did you lose vision all at once ?

I can't remember , that month happened so fast I cant tell when I lost it. however instead a blobby smudge it was squigly


What was it like in the very beginning?

It was harder to cope until I learned to train my eyes and I made my own little exercises practicing where to focus. 
I think I  fell over more and it was more stressful because people were less patient . 

I had to take steroids for the summer which made me very very hungry and I put on weight but its all gone now!

How it has changed me ?

I was not sure what my talents were but now i know I am musical and have an ear for the music !
I have become a stronger person and have learnt to be more patient with people because they may not know what is wrong with my eyes. I used to angry with everybody which just upset me and my family . I now can control my anger and talk more.





Thanks for this question please anybody else feel free to ask me . Thanks for looking at my blog did you know over 600 people from all over the world have looked at it ! And this story is TRUE


12 comments:

uncle Frank said...

Wow flo, you truly are a remarkable and mature young lady, that extra heightend sense of hearing is amazing to make you play music because i know several years back your singing was to say the least ........ not good.. hahaha.
Keep up the great blog and i look forward to the next instalment.
Lots of love xx

Unknown said...

Thank you Uncle Frank for replying to Florences blog ..It means alot to US all xxx

Francesca Beatrice said...

I love this blog! I find it so inspiring and interesting. Keep the good work up Flo. And music is wonderful to work on. Can't wait to hear how this develops.

Sofia said...

Really fascinating Flo. Well done for being able to be so honest about this, I am really glad you have. I really hope we can make it so that you do not need to struggle when you are at school, or be made to feel bad because you cannot see things. You should not have to fake anything!

Apart from having things made larger so you can see them, are there any other things you think could be done that could help you?

Do you have some ideas about how things could be made easier for you, and for others that might have this same problem?

Unknown said...

Flo! I am so proud of you! Love from Daddy

Anonymous said...

Deb, I've tried 4 times to put a message on Flo's blog!
Either I'm doing something wrong, or summat, but, my messages keep disappearing!?!?
I've tried twice, to reply to you, on your notification to me, they keep disappearing as well!!!!
Tell Flo, we've got all our fingers & toes crossed.
Makes walking & eating problematical!!!

A message from your Grandad Florence xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Well done Flo for starting a very informative blog! Your Mum and Dad must be very proud of you. I think you should ask for an iPad... ;)

Anonymous said...

Elsie wrote" briliant blog Flo! I am your sister so I will always be next to you protecting . I hope one day my blood can make you better ."



Anonymous said...

Flo you are really brave doing all the tests with the eys. I don't know how to spell words.

Anonymous said...

Flo how do you cope with blobby constantly bothering your eyesight?

val

Anonymous said...

hi Flo
I think its a realy great idea of yours to make your own blog!!!
I never realy understood your eye problem but now its realy clear.
I think you shouldn't pretend you can see things when you cant.
I hope that you get better soon

Alice =)

Anonymous said...

HI Flo,

It's great you're doing a blog.
It helps me understand about what you've been through.

Get well soon!
Izz :D